Aired October 27, 2009
- 1 cup jasmine, basmati or Texmati rice
- 1 small bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped and mashed into paste
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, a couple of handfuls
- 2 rounded tablespoons curry powder, a couple of palmfuls
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth, plus additional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast or 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
Prepare rice according to package directions.
While the rice cooks, combine scallions, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, cilantro, curry powder and a splash of the chicken broth in a small bowl and process into a paste.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with oil. Add chicken to pan and brown, 2-3 minutes. Add spice paste and stir 1 minute to combine. Add peanut butter to the pan and whisk in broth. Bring to a bubble and whisk in yogurt, lower heat and simmer 7-8 minutes. Serve over rice.