Aired October 27, 2009
- 3 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small onion, or 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 to 8 leaves basil, torn or shredded
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 pieces halved ciabatta, toasted
- Balsamic drizzle, optional garnish
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO, about 2 turns of the pan.
While the pan is heating up, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with some salt and pepper and divide the meat into four portions. Shape each portion into a burger. Saut each burger in the hot skillet until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side.
When the burgers have finished cooking, remove and tent with foil to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to the pan, garlic and onions, and season with salt and pepper. Saut 5 minutes, add grape tomatoes and cook to soften, 2 minutes. Add basil, remove from heat.
Serve each burger on toasted bread topped with sauce. Drizzle with homemade or store-bought balsamic drizzle.