Makes 10 servings
Originally aired October 22, 2009
- 2 large potato (about 26 ounces)
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat-free half & half
- 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons real crumbled bacon/bacon bits
- Additional salt, black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for water to boil, peel and cube potatoes.
Once water is boiling, add peeled potato cubes and cauliflower florets. Allow water to return to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender.
Remove pot from heat and carefully drain water. Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl. Add half & half, butter, salt, and crushed garlic. Mash with a potato masher, until completely blended. Season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Mix in bacon, serve and enjoy!