Serves 4 as an appetizer
Aired October 7, 2009
- 18 - 20 jalapeo peppers
- 1/3 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 425F.
Working lengthwise, slice off the top quarter of each jalapeo. Using a small spoon or paring knife, scrape the seeds and ribs out of each jalapeo.
Place a small saucepot over low heat. Add hot sauce and whisk in the butter until melted. In a medium size bowl, combine the pulled chicken, celery, Monterey Jack cheese and half of the blue cheese.
Scoop some of the chicken mixture into each of the peppers, filling them all up. Lightly mound the chicken into each pepper. Place the peppers in a baking dish and top with the remaining blue cheese.
Bake the peppers until tender and heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.