Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Originally aired October 6, 2009
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion or 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and cook pasta to al dente. Heads up: reserve 1 cup of starchy cooking liquid before draining.
Meanwhile, over medium heat in medium skillet, melt butter, add garlic and onions and saut gently for 7-8 minutes. Add peas and heat though.
Drain pasta and add it back to the pot with reserved water, ricotta, parsley, Parm and onion-pea mixture. Toss 2 minutes to coat and combine flavors.