Aired October 2, 2009
- 3 to 4 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or strawberries (whatever berries you like), quartered
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 nip rum, about 3 tablespoons
- 8 slices Paula Deens Never-Fail Pound Cake, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 cups whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
In a medium bowl, mix the berries, sugar and rum.
In a trifle dish or a clear bowl, lay down 1/2 the pound cake chunks, top with half the berries and half the whipped cream, spreading each layer out so you can see them nicely on the sides of the dish. Repeat the process with the other half of the ingredients, sprinkle the top with a little powdered sugar and garnish with some fresh mint.