4 snack-size servings
Aired July 13, 2009
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup gruyere or white cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese your like), shredded
Preheat broiler and oven to 400F.
On a baking sheet, toss together tomatoes, 1 tablespoon EVOO, salt and ground black pepper. Roast in oven until golden brown and burst, about 10-15 minutes.
On a baking sheet, lay the bread halves cut side up. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon EVOO and place under broiler until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and rub with garlic clove. Top the toast with burst tomatoes, Parmigiano Reggiano and shredded cheese. Place back under the broiler until melted, about 3 minutes.