Serves 4 servings
Originally aired July 10, 2009
- 1 pound corkscrew pasta with lines, such as cellentani or cavatappi
- 8 Italian sausages (a mixture of both hot and sweet)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup (about 2 handfuls) parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound thick slices provolone, chopped
- 6 roasted red peppers from a jar, cut into small dice
- 3 cubanelle peppers, cut into small dice
- 1 red onion, cut into small dice
- 7 to 8 pepperoncini from a jar, cut into small dice
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Once boiling, add some salt, drop the pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
In a high-sided skillet with about an inch of water, parboil the sausages until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and split them lengthwise. Drizzle with about a tablespoon of EVOO and place on the grill to crisp up both sides.
While the pasta and sausages are cooking, combine the garlic, parsley, vegetable stock, and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine then stream in the EVOO while the machine is running.
In a large bowl, toss the pasta, dressing, chopped provolone, and all the veggies together. Top with the sausages and serve.