Serves 4 servings
Originally aired May 18, 2009
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1 small Spanish onion, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 4 leftover grilled hamburger patties (about 1 1/4 pounds total), crumbled
- 4 large whole wheat hamburger buns or soft rolls
- 1/4 cup sliced hot cherry peppers
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of oil, about 1 tablespoon.
While the pan is heating up, pulse together the garlic, onion and bell pepper in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped. Add the veggies to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
Add the crumbled meat and Sloppy Joe sauce to the pan and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve over the hamburger rolls and garnish with cherry peppers.