Serves 4 servings
Originally aired May 8, 2009
- 1 1/2 teaspoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage, removed from casings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 pieces refrigerated biscuit dough, such as Pillsbury
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and oregano and cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until just browned, about 5 minutes. Drain drippings and let cool.
Grease a 9-inch pie pan with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon EVOO. Place 1 piece biscuit dough into a large resealable plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, roll it out into an 1/8-inch-thick disk. Remove the dough from the bag and transfer it to the prepared pie pan. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces, pinching the pieces together in the pan to form a crust.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage, onion, feta and olives; spread mixture evenly over the crust.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, milk and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture and bake until set, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.