Aired May 1, 2009
- 1 small avocado, pitted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 large romaine hearts, split in half through the core
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the avocado, lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic, Worcestershire, cheese, salt and lots of pepper. Pulse the machine to chop everything up then leave it on and stream about 1/4 cup EVOO into the mixture until a thick dressing forms. Reserve.
Pat the romaine hearts dry, spray the cut sides and grill, cut side-down, until marked, about 2 minutes. Serve the grilled romaine topped with the Caesar-cado dressing. Serve alongside Tequila-Lime Chicken with Tex-Mex Chimi-Chop.