Aired April 22, 2009
- 1 dozen small shrimp, deveined and butterflied
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tomato pickle (optional), available at specialty food stores
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- Juice of 2 limes
- A few mint leaves
- A few sprigs cilantro
Heat a skillet over high heat with the oil.
Add all the spices and the shrimp to the skillet, and cook for 30 seconds or so, until the shrimp is cooked through.
Add the tomato pickle and rice to the skillet and cook to heat through.