Serves 4 servings
Originally aired April 10, 2009
- 2 sweet Italian sausages
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- 4 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into small dice
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 3 roasted red peppers from a jar or freshly roasted, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Preheat grill pan or grill.
Split the sausage links down the middle so they open up like a book. Drizzle them with a bit of EVOO and place them onto the hot grill. Cook about 10-15 minutes, turning every once and a while so that they cook evenly and get nice grill marks on all sides.
While the sausages are cooking, combine the mozzarella, tomatoes, red peppers, red onion, basil and arugula in a large mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons EVOO, salt and pepper.
When the sausages are done cooking, slice them into bite-size pieces and toss them into the bowl with the veggie mixture.