Serves 4 servings
Originally aired April 8, 2009
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips cut from stalks
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen peas, defrosted
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add the asparagus tips and stock to the pan and cook until the asparagus is tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the peas to the pan and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
While the veggies are cooking, combine the ricotta with the mint and parsley in a small bowl. To serve, transfer the veggies to a serving dish and top with the herbed ricotta.