Serves 4 servings
Originally aired April 8, 2009
- 1 large ham steak, about an inch thick
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups frozen peaches, defrosted
- 1/2 cup apricot marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- A dash of nutmeg
In a large skillet, lightly brown the ham steak on both sides. Place it in a shallow baking pan.
Combine the brown sugar, vinegar and dry mustard. Spread the mixture over the ham.
Combine the peaches, marmalade and spices in a saucepan. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Pour the apricot-peach mixture over the ham, cover the pan loosely with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes.