Serves 6 servings
Originally aired April 3, 2009
- 1 32-ounce box chicken stock
- 3 cans white beans, left undrained
- 5 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie or boiled)
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- 1 8-ounce block pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Black or white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips (optional, if you like your chili thicker)
- Sour cream, for garnish
Place all ingredients except the corn chips in a crockpot. Cook on high until the cheese is melted.
Chili may also be cooked on the stovetop over medium-high heat until cheese is melted.
When the chili is ready, add the crushed corn chips, if using, and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Garnish with more chips, cheese and/or sour cream and serve.