Serves 4 servings
Originally aired March 13, 2009
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 14-ounce can hominy or 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeo, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- A few dashes hot sauce (more if you like it spicy!)
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the hominy or corn, onion, jalapeo and garlic to the pan, and cook until the veggies are golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
Add the rice to the pan and continue cooking until the rice is light golden and crispy, 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro, tomatoes and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm alongside Hanger Steak with Margarita Marinade.