Aired March 6, 2009
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup Tamari - eyeball the amount
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons high temp oil such as safflower, peanut or vegetable
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken or pork or peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound pea pods, halved on angle
- 1 small bunch of thin scallions, thinly sliced on an angle 2 inch pieces, whites and greens
Heat a large pot of water to a boil of pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Prepare all ingredients and pile them near the stove top. Mix together the stock, Tamari, ginger, orange marmalade, black pepper and hot sauce in a bowl.
Once pasta is dropped, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. When oil smokes add meat and stiry fry 1-2 minutes then add vegetables and stir fry 3 minutes more, add sauce, toss with pasta.