Aired February 27, 2009
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 4 thick slices of pancetta (each about 1/4 inch), diced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil, shredded
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 cups arugula
Place a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add some salt and drop the pasta. Cook to al dente according to package directions.
While the water is coming up to a boil, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 turns of the pan of EVOO. Add the pancetta and brown, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the red onion and cook another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, some salt and lots of ground black pepper. Cover and cook about 7-8 minutes or until the tomatoes are burst.
Add al dente spaghetti or linguine to the skillet along with the basil, parsley and Parmigiano Reggiano. Just before serving, top with arugula and serve alongside Oil and Vinegar Flank Steak.