Serves 4 servings
Originally aired February 27, 2009
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas, defrosted, divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place a medium skillet over medium heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
While the shallots are cooking, puree half of the peas with the chicken stock in a food processor.
When the shallots are cooked, add both the pureed and whole peas to the skillet and cook to heat through, 2-3 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the mint, butter some salt and pepper. Serve warm.