Serves 4 servings
Originally aired February 27, 2009
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 jalapeos or Fresno (red jalapeo) peppers or a mix of both, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
In a medium-size pot over medium-high heat, add one turn of the pan of EVOO. Cook the peppers until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Add cream cheese, milk, dehydrated onion and stock and bring up to a bubble. Whisk in polenta. When it starts to firm up, stir in cheese. Serve a scoop of polenta topped with hash and a fried egg.