4 servings, as a snack
Aired February 10, 2009
- 2 tortillas, white or whole wheat
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Red wine vinegar, for drizzling
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Salt and ground black pepper
Lay the tortillas on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until golden brown and toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Sprinkle the cheese over the two toasted tortillas and return to the broiler until the cheese has melted.
Lay the salami on each tostada over the melted cheese. Sprinkle each with the lettuce, pepperoncini and oregano. Drizzle with a little red wine vinegar and EVOO, and season with salt and pepper. Cut each tostada into 4 wedges and serve.