Aired February 10, 2009
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1 package tortillas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 6-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated (not low- or no-fat)
Boil chicken and cut into chunks.
Soak tortillas in broth from chicken and tear into pieces.
Saut onion and bell pepper. Add chili peppers. Mix soups and tomato sauce; add to onion and pepper.
Mix chili powder and garlic salt with cheese.
Layer all ingredients in a 9x13-inch baking dish and bake at 375F for 30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, sprinkle with more cheese.