Aired February 6, 2009
- 4- to 5-pound roasting chicken
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
Preheat oven to 425F.
Stuff the chicken cavity with the orange, lemon, onion and bay leaves. Tie up the legs and season the outside with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, drizzle with a little EVOO and roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160F, about 90 minutes.
If making Ancho Chicken Soft Tacos, allow the chicken to cool until you can handle it comfortably.