Serves 4 servings
Originally aired January 30, 2009
- 4 turkey cutlets (1 pound total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons soft herb cheese, such as Boursin
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
Pound the turkey cutlets to a quarter-inch thick and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon a tablespoon of cheese in the center of each cutlet and top with the spinach. Fold the cutlets in half and close them with a toothpick.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Add the tomatoes with their juice and the fennel seeds, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.