Aired January 23, 2009
- 4 salmon filets (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- Vegetable oil for the grill and asparagus
- For the glaze:
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons stock (chicken, beef or veggie)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Season salmon with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Grill until brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness.
When the salmon is halfway done, toss the asparagus in a tablespoon of oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Grill until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
While the salmon is cooking, in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, add all of the glaze ingredients and reduce until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Serve the salmon filets topped with the honey-soy glaze and grilled asparagus alongside.