Serves 4 to 6 servings
Originally aired January 16, 2009
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups leftover cooked, broken pasta (or how ever much you have leftover)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup store-bought tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- A few slices of leftover meatloaf, chopped or 1 cup pepperoni or salami, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, chopped
- 7 to 8 leaves basil, shredded
Preheat oven to 425F.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet with an oven-safe handle over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the leftover pasta and cook until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
While the pasta is browning, beat the eggs with the milk, Parmigiano Reggiano and some salt and pepper.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs have set and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and spread the tomato sauce over the top like a pizza. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, meat and oregano on the top. Return the pan to the oven and bake until the meat and veggies have heated through and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with some shredded basil.