Serves 6 servings
Originally aired December 19, 2008
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons La Belle Diced Fine Jalapeos
- 6 large slices Italian bread, toasted or seeded rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons La Belle Sweet Hot Jalapeo Relish
Place the turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Season with the chili powder and salt. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks, for about 10 minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce and jalapeos, and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve, open-faced, on toasted Italian bread or seeded rolls, topped with the relish.