Just under 2 pounds
Aired December 12, 2008
- 3 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces lard, cut into cubes
- 2 ounces freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Sea salt
- A sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 large free-range or organic eggs, beaten
- A splash of milk
- Flour, for dusting
Put the flour, lard, cheese and a generous pinch of sea salt into a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds, until the mixture is crumbly and fine. Add the rosemary and thyme leaves or your chosen flavoring.
Pour in the eggs and add the milk. Pulse for a few more seconds until the mixture comes together. Scoop your dough out of the food processor onto a clean, floured work surface and pat it a few times to make it more compact don't be tempted to knead it. When you have a flat round, wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to rest for at least half an hour.