Aired November 18, 2008
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 1/2 cups leftover turkey, shredded or chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup leftover gravy
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley or tarragon (or your favorite herbs), chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add the leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy to the pan, stir together and cook until heated through, 4-5 minutes.
Crack eggs over the top of the pan and transfer it to the oven. Bake until the eggs have just set (they should be like sunny-side up eggs), about 15 minutes. Garnish the finished cake with chopped herbs and serve warm.