Aired November 7, 2008
- 2 McIntosh or Gala apples, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds ground all-white turkey (or a mix of dark and white meat)
- 3 to 4 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large egg
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, add apples and lemon juice, and toss together. Add turkey, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, egg, salt and ground black pepper.
In a medium-size bowl, add the stock and the stuffing. Toss around, letting the stuffing soak up the liquid, then add it to the bowl with the turkey. Mix everything together well, then turn it out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape it into a loaf. Coat with EVOO, transfer to the oven and roast until brown and cooked through, about an hour.
Serve topped with Cider Gravy and Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes alongside.