Aired October 21, 2008
- 6 medium (about 2 pounds) russet potatoes, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- For the Big Daddy seasoning:
- 1/2 cup smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup granulated onion powder
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut potatoes with a mandoline. Cook's note: If you do not have a mandoline, cut each potato lengthwise into thirds; cut each portion into thirds.
In a small bowl, combine the spices for the Big Daddy seasoning.
In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and olive oil. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic and Big Daddy Seasoning. Toss to coat.
Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove from oven and toss with chopped parsley.