Serves 4 to 6 servings
Originally aired September 26, 2008
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 scallions, sliced on bias
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced into thin rounds
Steam green beans in a covered pot with half an inch of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Cold shock them by running them under cold water and drain well.
In a large mixing bowl, mix up the mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and black pepper with a whisk. Once the ingredients are well combined, drizzle the EVOO in a slow and steady stream while continuously whisking. Add the cooked and shocked beans to the bowl with the dressing along with scallion and radishes, and toss to coat.