Aired September 26, 2008
- 1 pound deli-sliced roast beef, cut into thin strips
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks from the heart, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon (about 1 sprig) rosemary, leaves removed from stem, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a medium-size bowl, combine roast beef, mushrooms, celery and Parmigiano. Drizzle salad with EVOO, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
Serve over lettuce with crackers or crusty bread alongside.