Serves 4 servings
Originally aired September 17, 2008
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (each about an inch thick)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 plums (it's better if they're under ripe), pits removed and sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed from stems
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 375F.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and sear them in the hot skillet until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a baking sheet and finish cooking them in the hot oven, about 5 minutes more.
Place the pan the chops were cooked in back over the heat and add in the plums, onion, thyme, some salt and pepper. Cook until onions have softened, 6-7 minutes. Add lemon juice and honey to the pan, and stir to melt the honey. Remove the pan from heat and keep warm until the pork chops are ready.
Serve pork chops topped with the fruit-onion saut and Jalapeo Rice alongside.