Serves 4 servings
Originally aired September 15, 2008
- 3 rolls of reduced-fat croissant rolls, divided (recommended brand Pillsbury)
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat removed from bones
- 1 can of low-sodium, reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of low-sodium, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Roll out the cans of croissant sheets and separate into diamond shaped sections. Place a small handful of rotisserie chicken on each diamond, fold dough over and press ends together to create dumplings. Cut up any excess dough into strips.
Line a 9x13" baking dish with one layer of dumplings. Pour the can of cream of chicken soup over the layer of dumplings, followed by the can of cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth.
Place strips in a crisscross pattern on the top of the dumplings and soup mixture, season dish with salt and ground black pepper and bake until the dumplings are tender and cooked through and the top is bubbly and brown, about 30 minutes.