Serves 2 servings
Originally aired July 28, 2008
- 3/4 cup (approximately 15) grape tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and healthy pinch of salt. Toss to coat well. Add EVOO, lemon zest, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, and pepper. Toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to macerate and release their juice.
Place arugula in large bowl and sprinkle in parsley. Spoon out the tomatoes from the dressing and add them to the greens, tossing everything lightly. Add the dressing by the spoonful to taste, until the arugula is lightly dressed. Re-season with salt and pepper.