Aired July 23, 2008
- 1 pound spaghetti, whole wheat or plain
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock, heated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari
- Hot sauce, a couple dashes
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 Rollover Jerk Chicken, meat shredded and skin removed
- 1/2 of the remaining Roasted Vegetables and Pineapple mixture
- 1/4 sack coleslaw mix
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the pasta, and cook to al dente according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the stock in a small saucepan. Once warm, add the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, tamari, hot sauce, oil and honey, and whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, the vegetable and pineapple mixture, the slaw, dressing and the drained pasta. Toss all to combine, garnish with the chopped scallions and sesame seeds, and enjoy!