Aired July 23, 2008
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- A dash hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Remaining 3/4 bag slaw mix from Sweet and Spicy Sesame Noodles with Shredded Jerk Chicken
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 leftover Roasted Vegetable and Pineapple mixture, divided
- 1/2 Rollover Jerk Chicken, meat shredded and skin removed, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, vinegar, tamari, hot sauce and honey. Stream in the canola oil while whisking and season with salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette. Add the cucumber and the remaining slaw mix and stir to combine. Set aside while you prepare the quesadillas.
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to the pan and cook about 1 minute per side, until it starts to blister. Add a quarter of the vegetable and pineapple mixture, a quarter of the shredded chicken and a quarter of the cheese to half of the tortilla and fold the other half up to create a half moon. Cook until cheese is melted, flipping halfway through, and repeat with the remaining tortillas. Cut into wedges and serve with the slaw salad alongside.