Serves 4 servings
Originally aired July 7, 2008
- Generous 3/4 cup crme frache
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar, plus extra to dust
- 8 all-butter round shortbreads
- 14 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Few mint sprigs (leaves only), roughly shredded, plus a few sprigs to finish
Put the crme frache, whipping cream, and 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar into a large bowl. Beat lightly until smooth and just thick, taking care not to overwhisk. Taste and add a little more confectioners sugar, if you like.
Place a shortbread on each serving plate. Spoon a large dollop of the creamy mixture on top. Scatter the strawberries and mint over the cream.
Dust the other shortbreads with confectioners sugar and rest them on top of the strawberries. Add a mint sprig to each dessert and serve.