Aired July 4, 2008
- 1/3 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds gnocchi
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup (about 2 big handfuls) Italian parsley, chopped
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil the gnocchi.
Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the pot and cook them according to package directions. When they're finished, drain the gnocchi and reserve them in the colander.
With your gnocchi cooking, grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the Dijon and white wine vinegar. Stream the EVOO into the bowl while whisking then season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the veggies and parsley to the mixing bowl, and toss in the cooked gnocchi. Give everything a good stir to evenly combine and you're all set! You can serve the salad now or let it chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors.