Aired July 4, 2008
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (eyeball it)
- 1/3 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded (you can get this pre-shredded at the store)
- 4 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, sugar and EVOO with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir the crumbled blue cheese into the dressing, then add the cabbage and scallions to the bowl and give everything a hearty toss.
You can serve the salad now or let it chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors.