Serves 4 servings
Originally aired July 3, 2008
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold, red bliss and Peruvian blue potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Couple of dashes of hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it!
- 3 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
Cut the large potatoes into thirds (rounds about 1/2-inch thick), then cut the medium potatoes in half. Small potatoes you can leave whole. Season the potatoes and scallions with EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the potatoes and scallions on the grill and tent with one large piece of tin foil. Cook the scallions until they are charred slightly, about 7 minutes, then remove them to a large mixing bowl to cool. Once the scallions come off, turn the potatoes and cook 7-10 more minutes, until tender.
Roughly chop the scallions into bite-size pieces then place them back into the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce and vinegar to the bowl and season with a bit more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until the sugar is somewhat dissolved.
As the potatoes finish cooking, transfer them into bowl with the dressing. Once they are all off the grill, toss them in the dressing to coat. Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature alongside Turkey Chili Cheeseburgers.