Aired May 21, 2008
- 1 cup leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup mayo
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 English seedless cucumbers
In a large mixing bowl, fold the shredded chicken, carrots, raisins, almonds with the curry powder, mayo, lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and ground back pepper. Reserve.
Peel the cucumbers partially, so it has 4 stripes of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into slices 3/4 of an inch thick -- you should have about 20 pieces. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baler, leaving a shell of flesh.
Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chicken salad into the cucumber cups and enjoy your refreshing bite-size snack!