Serves 4 servings
Originally aired May 15, 2008
- A drizzle of EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, quartered lengthwise, white and tender green parts chopped, rinsed and dried
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces low-fat or regular cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
Place a small skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Once the skillet is hot, add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, until the bacon is crispy. Drain off any excess fat. Add the leeks to the pan, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste, and cook until the leeks are tender, 2-3 minutes.
Cool the bacon and leeks in a bowl for 1 minute, combine with the cream cheese, then fold in the tomatoes.