Aired May 6, 2008
- 1 pound spaghetti or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat water for the pasta. Once boiling, salt the water and add the spaghetti. Cook to al dente according to package directions, reserving 1 cup starchy cooking liquid right before draining.
After you drop pasta and it has been cooking for 2-3 minutes, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add lime zest, red pepper flakes, chives, parsley and mint, cook 2 minutes then add in the reserved starchy cooking liquid.
Drain pasta, add to the pan and toss with honey and lime juice. Toss pasta 2 minutes to absorb juices and season with salt to taste.