Serves 4 servings
Originally aired April 28, 2008
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 4-ounce piece of Parmigiano, for shaving
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Grill portobellos until slightly softened, 3 minutes per side, and place gill side up on a clean work surface.
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, anchovy paste, vinegar and dry thyme. Divide this mixture onto the gill sides of the portobellos and let stand 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, toss clean arugula, remaining 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt to taste until evenly coated.
Divide the arugula onto 4 plates and top each with a mushroom. Shave the Parmigiano over with a peeler and serve immediately.