Aired February 1, 2008
- Vegetable or corn oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds (1 pound each) bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (preferably Cajun variety)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Tabasco sauce, for dipping
- Louisiana Red Dot hot sauce, for dipping
- BBQ sauce, for dipping
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
Place an ample amount of oil (enough to cover chicken completely) in a frying pan and heat over medium heat until hot. (Oil will be hot when a dash of flour bubbles in oil.) Mix cayenne pepper and garlic together in bowl, and set aside.
Place chicken gently in the hot oil, and fry until chicken is golden brown all over. Remove and place on paper towel to allow excess oil to drain. Serve hot and enjoy with or without your favorite dipping sauce.