Aired November 19, 2007
- 5 ounces (approximately 9 rectangles) graham crackers (Look for brands that contain no partially hydrogenated oil such as Mi-Del. If using Mi-del, use 15 squares)
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat free Crisco
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups Libbys plain, canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a food processor, combine the graham crackers, Crisco and water. Press mixture in the bottom of a nine-inch pie tin and bake for about 7 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and reserve while you prepare the filling.
Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and pour the mixture into the reserved pie crust. Bake for 40 minutes, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.