Serves 4 servings (or 6-8 as a side)
Originally aired November 14, 2007
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 box frozen pureed butternut squash, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons honey (eyeball it)
- A dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 to 5 sprigs thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (about 1 to 2 handfuls) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a medium-size saucepot over medium-high heat with the stock and milk. Bring the liquids to a simmer and stir in the polenta, whisking constantly so it doesn't clump.
Remove from the heat and stir in the honey, nutmeg, thyme and cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.